11.14.2006

Tis the season.

My co-worker told me about World Vision Gifts earlier this week. It's a non-profit organization that offers assistance to people who really need help. You can buy gifts for people in need through the organization. Some of the things that you can purchase:

A Wheelchair for $14.

An Alpaca for $360.

A Mongolian Ger for $1862.

I usually try to stay away from religiously affiliated charity organizations (because I'm sure they have an agenda), but the Christian-based World Vision Gifts has really impressed me with how PRACTICAL their gifts are. I did some research, and it doesn't look like a scam either. So, come on guys, check out the catalogue. Think about buying a share of a deep well ($100, $18000 for the whole well). If you know of any cool charities like this, let me know.

No comments: